Thursday, January 19, 2006

What's Going On, With The Pyramid ?



I heard representative Steve Cohen say something I didn't expect to hear from him. He said all this attention being paid to the Ophelia Ford fiasco. Is distracting attention from more important issues. I think he was looking for feedback myself, to see what the community is feeling. True to form the majority missed what he said. I haven't seen a public reaction to this point. Since he is spearheading the drive to place "Pro Bass International", in as the Pyramid's new resident. Is that solution beneficial to the citizens of Memphis? I think it serves a special interest group. Undoubtedly one with Steve Cohen ties.

I don't support anything that doesn't take the Pyramid off the city's hand completely. I think we should have held the University Of Memphis, to their lease. They're having a pretty good year, but it's about time. I think we're paying Calipari too much, but that's another story. We don't need to subsidize another private venture. Like we have in the past. We made some mistakes in our efforts to acquire the Grizzlies. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. While our political plate is running over, let's not forget about the Pyramid.