Thursday, April 13, 2006

For Those Predicting Doom


I was having this discussion, with what I call a Perennial Protestor earlier. I started to send this information to them. Then I thought about it, and changed my mind. It would be like p*&sing in the wind. Why should I continue to give my pearls to swine? They make slop out of everything anyway. This is very interesting, as well as factual. Within these numbers you can find an awful lot of answers. I have this litmus test I always use. If you have to leave something out, or change part of the statement. I wouldn't bank on it myself. More than likely it's not true.

All these people that claim Memphis is struggling economically. I tend to disagree with them, to some extent. Of course we don't have a perfect city,there are things in need of fixing. Tell me one city that doesn't? Memphis is the 17th largest city in the country, according to these statistics. These are the latest numbers, I was able to obtain. I would love to discuss some factors, based on what we have. They may have changed some, but not that much. This is enough to help paint a clearer picture. Maybe you'll see it as I do. To get the numbers, click on the link below:




http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0763098.html

3 Comments:

Blogger Common said...

Anti-T,

I'm glad you saw that. There are several little tidbits found, when you look at the numbers. Though we are bigger in size, look at the workforce. Very few people actually live in the city of Atlanta.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Common said...

Anti -T,

The difference for us, is consolidation. Everyone works in Atlanta, but nobody lives there. Atlanta serves the largest central workforce, in the world. They feed Cobb, Dekalb, Fulton and Gwinnett counties. They all work in the city of Atlanta, but they don't live there. Have you ever been to Atlanta during rush hour? It takes an hour to go five miles.

2:23 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet, coach purses, prada outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, nike shoes, red bottom shoes, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin outlet, oakley vault, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton handbags, true religion outlet, louis vuitton outlet online, coach outlet, ray ban outlet, nike air max, burberry outlet online, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet online, polo ralph lauren, coach outlet store online, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, cheap oakley sunglasses, coach outlet, true religion, christian louboutin, longchamp outlet online, burberry outlet online, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet store, michael kors outlet online, tory burch outlet, michael kors outlet, chanel handbags, gucci handbags, michael kors outlet online, nike free, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, louis vuitton, jordan shoes, prada handbags

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home