Thursday, May 25, 2006

Ambivalent Man


Today was a slow day for me newswise. So I decided to take this rare opportunity. To talk about something, that some of the readers of this blog have asked about. Of course we know the picture to the right, isn't my personal portrait. So what is it, and what does it represent? The title of the picture is "The Ambivalent Man". I chose the picture because it best represents what this blog is about. I try to look at things from an unbiased perspective. My mind isn't cluttered with preconceived notions. I'm wide open to facts. I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong, if it's proven. Unbiased doesn't mean being close minded. It just means you don't have preformed opinions, written in stone. I am conservative in my politics, but above all I'm fair. This is what Ambivalent means:

ambivalent
adj 1: characterized by a mixture of opposite feelings or attitudes; "she felt ambivalent about his proposal"; "an ambivalent position on rent control" 2: uncertain or unable to decide about what course to follow; "was ambivalent about having children"


I welcome all the different opinions, that read and respond to this site. Having said that, I'll say this. I don't go along with the flow. That's the purpose of this blog. To have somewhere the full story is told. If one doesn't want his opinion checked or scrutinized, for correctness. This is not the place. Our intent here, is to get to the bottom. In order to achieve that, to be ambivalent definitely helps.

9 Comments:

Blogger Blinders Off said...

Common:

Thanks for explaining your picture. The timing is perfect considering how your blog week has been...lol

You asked me about my picture, I do not remember if I answered, you are not. I love the picture because of the multiple colors in the ribbon and one definition for dove is a person who advocates peace and negotiation instead of war. Therefore, my picture is a true representation of my circumstances living with MS.

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bliders,
hi. im trying to prepare for the circle of friends. i wanted to let you know that i purchased a hard back book at the navy exchange, that was twenty six dollars, when the cashier rang it up with the discount taken off it was only sixteen dollars and twenty two cents. plus no tax. just thought id tell you. hope you enjoy

12:11 AM  
Blogger Common said...

Anti-T,

I like it too. It's doing the job, if it has you wondering.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Common said...

Blinders-Off,

You were one of the people that asked. And obviously one of the people, that didn't need an explanation. In order to know where I'm coming from. I did, and you didn't. Thanks for the explanation. It fits you.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Blinders Off said...

Common:

What do you mean by "I didn't"?

12:24 PM  
Blogger Common said...

Blinders-Off,

I wondered whether to use that statement or not. I have to work on saying things. That can be taken differently, than my meaning. I know what you are thinking, that's not what I meant. What I was saying is "explanation or not, you still conducted yourself ladylike". Some people have to have a reason. To carry themselves the right way. The other didn't is, you didn't explain your name.

7:58 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet, coach purses, prada outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, nike shoes, red bottom shoes, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin outlet, oakley vault, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton handbags, true religion outlet, louis vuitton outlet online, coach outlet, ray ban outlet, nike air max, burberry outlet online, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet online, polo ralph lauren, coach outlet store online, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, cheap oakley sunglasses, coach outlet, true religion, christian louboutin, longchamp outlet online, burberry outlet online, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet store, michael kors outlet online, tory burch outlet, michael kors outlet, chanel handbags, gucci handbags, michael kors outlet online, nike free, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, louis vuitton, jordan shoes, prada handbags

8:54 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

marc jacobs outlet, beats headphones, canada goose, rolex watches, abercrombie and fitch, celine handbags, new balance outlet, instyler ionic styler, ugg boots, reebok shoes, roshe run, uggs on sale, ghd, north face jackets, nike huarache, valentino shoes, vans outlet, ugg outlet, p90x workout, ugg soldes, mont blanc pens, chi flat iron, canada goose outlet, lululemon outlet, ferragamo shoes, longchamp, nfl jerseys, asics shoes, mac cosmetics, bottega veneta, north face outlet, herve leger, birkin bag, wedding dresses, insanity workout, soccer shoes, soccer jerseys, giuseppe zanotti, nike trainers, canada goose outlet, babyliss pro, canada goose outlet, hollister, jimmy choo shoes, uggs outlet, ugg, mcm handbags

9:12 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

moncler, moncler outlet, hollister, juicy couture outlet, ralph lauren, moncler, louis vuitton canada, montre femme, moncler, canada goose pas cher, pandora uk, parajumpers outlet, thomas sabo uk, iphone 6 case, ray ban, lancel, oakley, swarovski jewelry, supra shoes, moncler, louboutin, uggs canada, coach outlet, swarovski uk, wedding dress, ugg, canada goose, baseball bats, canada goose, timberland shoes, replica watches, pandora jewelry, gucci, moncler, converse shoes, air max, karen millen, hollister clothing, juicy couture outlet, pandora charms, hollister canada, vans, converse, links of london uk, nike air max, moncler, toms outlet, canada goose uk

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home