Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Egg Doesn't Roll Far, From The Nest


I wasn't aware that these two guys were brothers until today. With a last name like Eggeletion. I should have figured as much.The Eggeletion brothers (Josephus) first Black mayor of Broward county, and (Andre) part time writer and radio host. Though I haven't met either one in person. I've talked to Andre on a few occasions. In my humble opinion he is a double-minded individual. He's plenty smart, just misdirected. They both seem to be what we call "problem profiteers". This guy inflames rebellious attitudes in Blacks. Yet he and those like him. Don't believe the hype themselves. If they do, you can't tell by their actions. They only talk a good game. They're riding around in Mercedes Benz and BMWs crying racism. While they fleece the flock. He has made a name for championing the causes of the poor. Along the way he has made several influential friends himself. Often in the form of developers and big business. And most notably waste management companies. I didn't expect to discover all this about him, but I'm not surprised. Look at the link below. If you are not familiar with Mayor Eggeletion. You might be surprised:
http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/Issues/2004-12-16/news/feature_full.html



I assume Andre is the younger of the two. I'm judging that based on the hair and name. Josephus doesn't have any hair on top. Which leads me to think, it's probably a result of male pattern baldness. And not just a style. That still doesn't mean anything. Just consider the name itself. Being a Jr., is usually is a sign of being the first son. Whether he is or not is of little consequence. Andre hasn't reached the prominence of his brother, being the first Black mayor and all. Though he is somewhat accomplished in his own right. He has a nationally syndicated radio broadcast. Where he shares his views two hours a day five days a week. He has also written a couple of books. He is respected by some economist for his world banking views. I guess he would be considered somewhat of a Renaissance man. Well read and versed, in his area of specialty. Personally I think his area of specialty is spreading it on thick. Now I see where the arrogance comes from. He comes from a place where his hype is working. Obviously in Florida, where he's from. The majority think like him. His brother serves as somewhat proof. What's frightening about this whole thing. There are pockets of people with this mindset everywhere. Look at Liberty City, and it's homegrown terrorist. Since Andre seems to love talking about the White man. Wonder what he would say about this? Since the inception of slavery, there has always been Blacks like him and his brother. They were the ones who rounded up other Blacks, for the slavetraders. I would love to hear what people have to say about their father. Based on his two sons. It would be very interesting. The egg doesn't roll far, from the nest.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nobody is listening to that show. All of his callers are from Memphis anyway. The few that he has.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perry Steele said:
I expected better of you common than to associate the actions of
one brother,with the other.That is
the same thing that the people of
this state did to Harold Ford Jr.
Our own Mayor,your King has faced
the same kind of charges as Josephus.also,he has been investagated and they have not
convicted him of anything.you do
not agree with Andra's views so
you try to connect him with his
brother.That is a low blow.And for
your correction the Mayor of Broward County is Oliver Parkewhich right now is under a
recall.So,you were wrong to call
Josephus Eggeletion,a mayor.As for
Barry's statement Andra has a lot
of listeners not only in Memphis
but New York and California.Also
I read in that article you wrote that Florida's Unlawful-Compensation Statue,which forbids politicans from profiting from
their public positions is very
broad and the right answer may be more problemtic than either Commissioner realizes.just like the
Memphis City Charter,which was redone in the 60's and has been over looked and broken by the Mayor
and council for years.So drop these
relative convictions against Andra.
I think you are a cool person,your
brother maybe a fool.Should I blame
you because your brother is a fool.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Common said...

Perry Steele you never cease to amaze me. Don't try to speak up for Harold Ford Jr., he was going to lose anyway. The educated voters of Tenneessee weren't going to support him just because he was Black. That worked in the 9th district butn not the entire state. He tried to play both sides of the fence and it didn't work. Most people didn't even know who Jake was anyway, like you they supported Steve Cohen. I wish you liberals would make up your mind. Was it the commercial or his family that caused him to lose? Willie Herenton has not faced the same charges as Josephus Eggeltian except by a couple of disgruntled voters like yourself and some predjudice Whites. I could accuse you of being caucasian, we know that isn't right. I don't agree with Andre because he is a liar just like his brother Josephus. He is just another problem profiteer. Taking advantage of poor, disenfranchised, uninformed Blacks. I made up my mind about Andre before I knew anything about his brother. If you don't believe he's the mayor just ask Andre himself and take it up with the Gazette.

If I know about you, I have some idea of where you came from. I'm not basing my opinion of Andre on his brothers actions, it just shows it runs in the family. I've heard his comments on the radio more than enough. Now he hate the Hispanics because they don't buy into the madness. They've developed their own agenda minus the help of the Blacks. They will never outnumber Whites, but they already have surpassed Blacks. They aren't wasting time talking about George Bush. Ask him what he thinks of Larry's and Chuck's ideas. I guarantee he won't disagree. I use his older brother as a measuring stick until he shows me something different. Up until this point he hasn't. I am proud of my brothers and sisters. They're not perfect but they're good people. Just like the egg doesn't roll far from the nest. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Barry is correct about the callers. California and New York are the biggest markets ln the U.S.A. and most of his calls come from Memphis. The people from Memphis call his show, because no one here wants to hear that crap. Since you're already tuned in to IRN, test your theories with the Bates.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perry Steele said:
Common you are just like a arguing
woman.I was just playing with you to get you mad.I knew if I said something like I did you would go off.It was just a joke brother,you do me like that all the time.Answer
your phone so I can curse you out.

7:05 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

marc jacobs outlet, beats headphones, canada goose, rolex watches, abercrombie and fitch, celine handbags, new balance outlet, instyler ionic styler, ugg boots, reebok shoes, roshe run, uggs on sale, ghd, north face jackets, nike huarache, valentino shoes, vans outlet, ugg outlet, p90x workout, ugg soldes, mont blanc pens, chi flat iron, canada goose outlet, lululemon outlet, ferragamo shoes, longchamp, nfl jerseys, asics shoes, mac cosmetics, bottega veneta, north face outlet, herve leger, birkin bag, wedding dresses, insanity workout, soccer shoes, soccer jerseys, giuseppe zanotti, nike trainers, canada goose outlet, babyliss pro, canada goose outlet, hollister, jimmy choo shoes, uggs outlet, ugg, mcm handbags

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home