Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Philip Carter, I Don't Know

Initially I thought what Philip Carter did was courageous, but then his motives seemed suspect. That's what happens when you drag your feet. Things have a tendency to blow up in your face. If you lay down with dogs, sooner or later you're going to get fleas. I think councilman Carter had reservations about this whole thing from the start. I think Erik Sammis was going to resign from the force anyway, so asking for his resignation wasn't so radical. On the other hand calling for the chief to do the same, bordered being ridiculous. He wasn't even on the scene. Since the mayor didn't support their resolution, now they want his job too. I think the whole thing started to go to far. It was like a runaway train, and Mr. Carter wanted to get off.