Friday, July 25, 2008

Fleecing The Flock

If indeed this is as it appears. Pastor Steven Young of Ardmore Terrace Baptist Church was a wolf disguised in sheep's clothing. I awaited eagerly as I rumbled through the paper to see who it was. The headlines only refer to him as a Frayser minister. Much to my surprise and dismay. It turned out to be him. I wasn't a member of that church, but he had me fooled. I'm hard to fool and I was impressed. Crook or not, he was an excellent preacher and teacher. He lead a flourishing and growing congregation who had just moved into a new church home. From an outsiders point of view. It looks like everything was fine. Apparently that wasn't the case. He was awaiting sentencing when they moved into their new church.

I don't know the whole story and I probably never will. I think in their desire to get bigger and go to the next level. They probably got caught up in the mix. People I know who have a more in depth knowledge of the situation are keeping tight lips. That in itself is an example of the arduous teaching going forth at that particular church. You haven't seen their business pasted all over the Internet and on the radio. The first time I heard about it. It was already over and done with. I know the makeup of the congregation and they will be fine. The body itself will take the hit for this. In the form of negative press. Though deep in my heart, I don't think that's the case. This will just be viewed and talked about as another slick talker fleecing the flock.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/jul/25/minister-arrested-scheme-defraud-church-members/?feedback=1#comments

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know what to say.

It seems that the most sincere Churches just keep things simple. Long drawn out services only serve the purpose of giving those who are in need of attention a place to be seen.

If there is a place I could go to on Sunday mornings for a short devotional period, please let me know. Don't care if it is majority white, black or other. Some folks just need the word.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Common said...

Not trying to be smart by saying this. "But don't say anything, just lift him up in prayer. This too shall pass."

3:32 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

christian louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade handbags, coach outlet, true religion, nike shoes, michael kors outlet store, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, coach purses, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet online, coach outlet store online, coach outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, burberry outlet online, louis vuitton, red bottom shoes, christian louboutin outlet, burberry outlet online, longchamp outlet, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet online, true religion outlet, nike free, oakley vault, jordan shoes, longchamp outlet online, kate spade outlet online, ray ban outlet, chanel handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, prada outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, louis vuitton outlet online, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike air max, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online, gucci handbags, polo ralph lauren

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home