Friday, June 12, 2009

In The Wings
























I heard a local deejay (Bobby OJay) say something this morning that I somewhat agree with. That's the problem with his comments. He never tells quite the whole truth. He said "as long as Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich and Sarah Palin are considered the head spokespeople for the Republicans. The party will have an image problem with people who are now voting Democratic. They'll be considered the party of old,southern,racist white men." I know nothing could be farther from the truth, but to some degree perception is reality. If he feels that way. For his vote that's all that matters. What will it take to make him see what I see?

I don't think either of these men are racist and they're not from the South. Newt and Rush have the line but don't have the look.That description certainly doesn't fit Sarah Palin either, they're just hating on her because she's pretty. Why would you classify her with these two? To the contrary she provides the party with a much needed spark. I think Liberals just hate the fact that she's one that got away. Imagine how popular she would be on the other side? Then we have Michael Steele who can't finish the deal. He doesn't have that killer instinct needed to be the party's leader. And anyway who says that leader has to be a minority? Which brings me to my point. Like it or not this country is materialistic and superficial. Republicans have to choose somebody that people like Bobby OJay can vote for. For that reason this name keeps popping up in my mind. For some reason I think Senator John Thune is somewhere in the wings.

http://indepcons.blogspot.com/2008/08/im-not-surprised.html