Saturday, July 04, 2009

In The Other Direction

I had the opportunity to hear the author, political analyst and activist Angela McGlowan the other day and I was somewhat impressed. She was co-host on a weekly talk show and she handled it like a seasoned pro. In spite of her being a former Beauty Queen and a Fox News contributor now. She has a down to earth quality and a instantaneous command of the facts as it pertains to politics. Like most Conservatives do when engaging in a debate with Liberals, she went through them like a hot knife through butter.. I didn't hear her say anything I hadn't heard before. It was just odd hearing it come from a black female outside my house. My wife is the most Conservative black woman I know. But like the majority of people who share our views hasn't written a book.

Hold up, wait a minute, and stop the press t's the same thing in the other diecton.. Let's not celebrate breaking down any barriers just yet. I see something wrong with this picture that most people don't see. She was well received by people that are usually anti-Conservative so I should be happy you would think. But I'm not so sure her converts represent a true conversion. She made two other little publicized appearances in places that were moderate at best. She was at World Overcomes and KWAM incognito. Makes me give some thought to one of the criticisms I had earlier dismissed. Is she just the latest trophy mouthpiece saying what she's told.or implementing the latest plan to get a man with a six figure income? If indeed this is true we're just jumping from the skillet to the frying pan. It's the same thing in the other direction.