Saturday, April 01, 2006

I Wouldn't Make That Comparison




Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, accused the media of watching too many episodes of the Sopranos. It was in response to a gesture he made, when asked a question about his personal position. When asked whether lawyers could expect him to be impartial in matters, of church and state. He responded with flickering three fingers under an upright chin. Which he later labeled, as a Scicilian move. In other words "forget about it". The newspaper called the gesture obscene. The justice didn't think it was. It might just be me, but what do you think? The two look an awful lot alike, in my opinion. If someone was after one of them. I wouldn't want to be the other. Especially if we didn't have the advantage of bright lights. With the current political atmosphere, and the popularity of the show. More people may know who Joseph R. Gannascoli is, than do Justice Antonin Scalia. That being the case, if I were the judge. For the sake of keeping down confusion. I wouldn't make that comparison. It could very easily be misconstrued, or mistaken.