Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Super Tragic Tuesday


What was being called super Tuesday for the rest of the country, turned out to be just the opposite here in Memphis. While voters across America went out and cast their votes for their chosen candidates. The Mid-South was under seige by funnel clouds and straight line winds. Scores of homes and businesses were destroyed. So far on record 59 people have been killed and over 150 injured just in Tennessee alone. It was the worst storm in twenty years. I don't know about the other states but I know it affected the primary results locally. In Arkansas,Mississippi and Tennessee it kept quite a few voters away from the polls. Especially among the Democrats.

2 Comments:

Blogger Blinders Off said...

Hi Common:

Hope all is well with you and your family from the Super Tuesday storms.

It was quite a day here in Tennessee. We faired ago out our way, but the wind was worst than it ever been since I lived here. My house was actually shaking from the wind.

I did get out and cast my vote...what about you?

7:22 PM  
Blogger Common said...

Hello Blinders Off,

I've been wondering where you've been. Me and mine were all blessed to make it through Tuesday with no harm. I joked with some people at my church. "The garbagemen did more damage on my street than the storm did."

You know I did. My wife and I early voted

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home