Friday, June 12, 2009

Poisoning The Well

I'm not trying to give the County Court Clerk an excuse. I think I mentioned earlier "she was probably aware something underhanded was going on." But I sincerely doubt she would jeopardize a $100,000 a yr. job as County Court Clerk. After working in the clerks office for twenty something years, for a $100 bribe much less for free. That's why she already has a lawyer on the case. Just like the other eight women that lost their county jobs last week. If Debbie Stamson is found guilty she should be punished accordingly. One thing we must keep in mind though. The penalty is not the same for doing a friend a favor as selling registrations for a profit or favors.

Not that it matters that Debbie Stamson is retiring at the end of this term anyway. I just have a sneaking suspicion that has something to do with all this coming to light. This is beginning to look more and more like it could be her doing. She is the only person involved here with nothing to lose. I want to address where I think these allegations are coming from. I would love to have been a fly on the wall at the clerk's office in the past. I have no proof but I am guessing somebody has been extorting Stamson's silence all these years.. Now she doesn't need them and she's poisoning the well.