Friday, May 18, 2007

"I Know Exactly What I'm Talking About"


I have been following this story, and watched the video a couple of times. I'm not one of those die hard Ford fans, but I think I see Ophelia's point here. I might be wrong but I don't think I am. People are just ready to write her off because of her brothers, Edmund and John. There is truth to the old adage "Birds of a feather flock together". That's not necessarily true in this case. Could there only connection be the fact that they're siblings? It's strange how just last week people wanted to claim John Ford was being railroaded by the F.B.I., when he was clearly guilty. Yet they turn around this week and are ready to throw Ophelia under the bus. Based on a snippet of a video. They saw on the already proven biased news media. Most of us don't have the expertise to understand the content of that meeting. It's unfair to make a decision without the full understanding of what's happening. Which I think many of us have done.

Ms. Ford maintains that she was fully aware of what was going on. After watching the whole meeting on the legislative website. I think she's telling the truth. It's unfair to judge Ms. Ford on what's considered a three minute outburst, in a whole two hour session. After listening to some of the others she just might have just been temporarily out of her mind. Delirious from the babble. We want say she was inebriated or having a nervous breakdown. Instead of just listening to what she has to say. Whether she was drunk or not she asked a very valid question. "How can they be closing out cases without a death certificate"? Just claiming not to be responsible for that. Doesn't answer the question she asked.