Saturday, May 12, 2007

You Tell Me

I happened to run across this article pertaining to one of my associates. He usually can't wait to tell me if he was mentioned in the newspaper, or anywhere for that matter . Somehow he forgot to mention this. We disagree on most things politically, but I enjoy the spirited conversation. This is what "Blake Fontenay", local columnist and blogger. Had to say about this person. I removed their name so as not to influence anyone. One way or the other. Based on what has been written. See if you agree.



"I hate you so much that I want to be like you"

You've got to hand it to ***** *******, a local gadfly who's running for one of the seats on the Memphis Charter Commission. In an appearance before the Memphis City Council this week, he lectured council members about being hypocritical before coming across as something of a hypocrite himself.



****** made an appearance at Tuesday's meeting to support a resolution calling for a public referendum on term limits. Steele noted that council members' salaries are the same as those paid to Shelby County commissioners. (A tidy arrangement which ensures that whenever commissioners raise their pay, council members get a raise without enduring the political heat.)



But ****** pointed out that commissioners have term limits, so the same rules that apply to salaries should apply to how long elected officials in city and county government can remain in an office.



"If you're paid under the same rules, you should abide by the same rules," ******* said.



That was a great point, if only he had stopped talking then. But****** went on a tangent about how elected officials just don't listen to what ordinary citizens have to say. Then he concluded his diatribe against elected officials by asking them to vote for him as the representative to the charter commission's District 6 seat.

If you don't agree with that assessment of his character. Then you probably understand this. Maybe me and Blake are the only ones that feel this way. Read what the accused had to say.

Comments


Blake,what is a gadfly?Were you at the meeting or did you hear it on 88.5.You
called me a hypocrite,partner,while
writing this crap about me,you fail to
inform,what few readers you have that I
am not an elected official.Also,after I
said vote for me everyone,burst out
laughing,because they knew I was joking.
You,also fail to mention that there were
council members who remarked about my comments,and agreed with my statements.
Also,you fail to mention that the vote was 6 to 6,with Tom Marshall absent.Also,
you fail to mention,that as I was leaving
Jack Sammons came up to me and thanked me for what I did,and wished me good luck.
And did you mention that I was for term
limits.Oh,and did you know I have a working relationship with the council
both black and white,male and female.And
did you mention my statements about Myron
running which I consider a conflict of interest.Also,Ricky Peete,using the democrate name on an unoffical ballot.
And charging $1,000.00 a head to be on that ballot.Also,did you mention that I worked in Myron Lowery pass campaign and
Ricky Peete and Joe Brown and supported
Carol Chuney,who recently adopted a ideal of mine about leaving children in hot cars.Sir,I am no Gadfly.The council knew
I was joking,and my statements were directed to them not you.Also,look into the Memphis city charter at article 5
section 32,and tell me if this is not
a conflict of interest,when it concerns
Myron Lowery,a sitting city council man.
Think I am lying,check with John Lunt

For those who read this story. You tell me.