Monday, August 25, 2008

The Party Is Split



Tonight every seat in this Denver auditorium is going to be filled. I can only hope some of those seats are filled with some open ears and minds. I for one am going to be watching to see if I've been missing something all this time. I don't think I have. But I'll be watching anyway. We already know Barack Obama's supporters are not concerned with details . They just want to see their candidate win. They are caught up in their emotions. And that only goes so far. I know Obama won the nomination, but I heard just as many or more cheers for Hillary Clinton. The Democrats are a divided group right now. Instead of taking this time to sell Barack Obama to the rest of America. They have to spend this time trying to unify the party.

From majority leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi to Michelle Obama's brother Craig Robinson. I didn't find anything memorable among the majority of the speakers. I think we can safely say no one delivered a speech the magnitude of Barack's keynote at the last Democratic convention. They're still blaming George Bush for the war in Iraq and Hurricane Katrina, That much was expected. A rousing tribute was given to Sen. Edward Kennedy for his lifelong fight for socialized health care. Which really has nothing to do with Obama himself. They just threw that in to get the crowd excited. I found it interesting that they referred to Maya Sotoro-NG as Barack Obama's half sister, in spite of the fact that they grew up in the same house. Technically they were right. Therefore he is in denial concerning his brother in Kenya. I understand his dilemma myself, but that's yet another example of baggage he's carrying around. The minute he starts trying to take the high road. The Republicans dig up something to bring him back down.

Then we reach the evening highlight. Which I think met party expectations. Michelle Obama the candidate's wife took the stage. All in all she did a good job. I was impressed with her speech, and that's not easy. If I was going to change anything. It would be the timing. This is the speech Michelle should have given in the first place. This left a much better taste in the mouth of Americans than her first speech did. The problem now is, which one do you believe? The only thing that's for sure. The party is split.

1 Comments:

Blogger Common said...

John McCain just split it even more.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home